Friday, December 12, 2014

A Poem For Laboon: A Wave From A Distant Memory


Laboon
 

 

The mountain is unmoved but my eyes are closed, I do not see failure in the pain of the collision

I only feel the urge to continue, to break through this invincible wall and reunite with those whose waves are distant memories

Memories that play on my mind in unexpected times,

 Like visiting ghosts

 I do not wish to call the past

There are others that say I have scars but I do not believe them, surely I couldn’t be hurt, wounded means a prelude to defeat and I will not see them wave from a distant memory

The days move are so I assume, for every moment is the same for me, every moment is another attempt to break through

When a set of visitors appear one day, beyond the man that waits inside of me

They in different acts earn my trust, they in different acts show me a reflection

What I see should cause pain to me but it does not, a strange one has sworn a promise with paint upon my scars and a smile like one so very long ago

The rocks are unmoved but my eyes are closed, I no longer need to attempt to break through them

For what’s on the other side will return to me someday, I hear them already, waves from a distant memory

No comments:

Post a Comment